Lillian Kuehl is passionate about low-impact yachting, heater installations, and oyster farming. She holds a Master’s in Marine Biology from Western Washington University, and a Bachelor of Arts from Reed College.
Lillian began to repair boats when she bought a 31-foot wooden sailboat from her aunt, then learned more working for her cousin at Miller and Miller Boatyard in Seattle, which has been in the family since 1982.
Certifications and training:
- ABYC Master Technician
- ABYC Marine Electrical certification
- ABYC Air Conditioning and Refrigeration certification
- ABYC Marine Systems certification
- Sure Marine Service Webasto Heater Training
- WESMAR Service Training
- NW School of Wooden Boatbuilding Marine Electrical Intensive Course
- U.S. Sailing Offshore Safety at Sea
Originally from Quilcene, she now makes her home in Port Angeles. In 2021 she won the prestigious 1180 award from the Northwest Maritime Center for completing all three of their adventure races. She loves bicycles, horses, and her cat George.